Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I've been pretty quiet... And a little intimidated.

I feel like for the past 9 months or so, that I've been really quiet and reserved. I've had so many things I've wanted to blog about, or share, and even started blogging about, but I just haven't been able to hit publish! I don't know why. Well, I do. For some reason I've felt rather intimidated to open up and share things that are such an intense part of who I am. Which seems odd considering the things I have shared on my blog. Maybe it was just being pregnant that did it, but I think I'm ready to start opening up again, and kick this intimidation out the door.



One thing I've been thinking about a lot is getting my act together and being a bit more professional when it comes to my small business. I would love to step it up a notch and be a bit more serious about it. So that has also perhaps made me a little more reserved as to what to share, and what to hold back. I'm sure there are those of you who read my blog just for the quilting and sewing stuff. And thank you so much for your support in those adventures!!! It means the world to me. But I also really feel like I want to share more of who I am beyond just my hobby/business.

I know I mentioned this a while ago, and I'm grateful for those of you who responded with such positive comments of support for whatever I decide to share here. Thank you!! One comment in particular really stood out to me, and I've thought about it a lot. I'm sorry I can't remember who said it, but she said how we can't divide ourselves into two parts. But that is exactly what I've done with myself since I've started quilting.

It was only this last year that I began being very open about my quilting-self with people outside of my quilting circles. I hardly ever share quilting pictures or projects on Facebook (which was until recently 100% only people that I know in *real life*, aka in person friends as opposed to online friends. Though I've started adding people that I've never met, but am friends with on other social media sites. If you are one of those people, you may have noticed that I share a lot more *religious* related posts on there, because probably at least 80% of the people that I'm friend with on there are of the same faith as myself - and that makes things a bit more comfortable.) Anyway, I've been trying to share more of my quilting side with my non-quilting friends, but that's not so easy either.

Anyway, my point is, that I want to stop having two different sides of who I am. I want to be one person, all aspects united, all the time. No more changing outfits to fit the role. Just plain 'ol me 100% all the time.

I read this post the other day and I loved it!! I feel quite similar to her and can relate so well to her feelings of wanting to share her faith with others. So no matter how intimidated I might feel, I'm going to stop holding back.

Now, I'm not going to start preaching, or trying to convince anyone of anything, or talk about my church all the time. Because I'm not. But what comes more naturally to me, and what I often desire to share, are the little lessons I learn from day to day. What helps me get through my trials, or brings me hope, or share my joys. I'm not concerned with what church someone belongs to, or what your beliefs are. I strongly believe that no matter who you are, where you come from, what your background is, or where you are going... We could ALL use a little more hope, a little more peace, a little more joy in life. A little, or a lot, more light! It's a crazy world out there, and I myself get overwhelmed by all the negative. So why not share a little more positive. :)

If you're not into that, I'm sorry, not sorry. I invite you to stick around and skip over those posts... I have no idea how often they'll be. But I'll definitely still be sharing projects and other things as well. But I'm putting this out there, partially for a testing ground, as well as trying to convince myself to really do this. Lol. :)

Most of these posts just might be put together on my phone, like this one. Which means probably no pictures = a boring post. But I'll see what I can do. :)

So here it is, my first random post. Goodnight everyone!!

Diane

6 comments:

  1. Go you!!! I think the brilliant thing about the internet is the ability to skip over something you don't like. I follow/read lots of bloggers who talk about things I have no interest in: vegetarianism, potty training, homeschooling, cotton and steel fabrics.... :D But it's just reading, you can skip over the parts you don't like, and come back to the parts you do like. This is your blog Diane. It should be about you, all of you, not just the parts some judgemental person might find interesting. :) I much prefer the random, pictureless posts to the glossy, everything is perfect posts of some bloggers. Life isn't glossy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! I always love to see a more complete picture of a blogger, and I think you've captured it perfectly here. Doesn't matter what religion you are or aren't we all can use some positivity and it's nice to know that life isn't always perfect photoshoots all the time. I look forward to hearing more! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling you're going to feel much more fulfilled now that you're not "dividing" yourself. This is your space to fill with your joys, sorrows, talents and beliefs. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brava! I'm not someone who would ever seek out a specifically religion-oriented blog, but I appreciate that humans are spiritual beings. So much of what we do creatively answers an emotional or soulful need. It makes sense that the you would use the language and context of your faith when you write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, it's your blog and you should do/write what you want/need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog

    posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Cigarette Machinery

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.