Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Something Springy! A Great Scrap Buster Star!

In the fall of 2012 I was so excited to write this blog post as part of the Quilt Maker's 100 Blocks Magazine, vol 6 Blog Hop! I am so happy to announce that my Something Springy pattern is now available on Craftsy as well as in my Etsy shop!!



This is a great scrap buster!!! All the strips are made with strips 1.25 inches wide, ranging from 2.5 inches to 6 inches long. I'm sure we all have some scraps in that range! The center and outer pieces are larger, but I know I can still find those sizes in my scrap bin.


The pattern can be totally scrappy, like my block I made above (mock up below)


Or you can create the layers with the same fabrics. This gives it a little bit different effect (or a strong effect depending on the fabrics you use) as the above picture.


A few mock ups of the block on repeat:






And there you go!! If you make a block I'd LOVE to see it! You can share here, through email, or on Instagram: use hashtag #fbpPatterns

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!!


Diane

2 comments:

  1. Love the block! How do you come up with them all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern. I need to make a sampler of all my new favorite blocks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.