Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We are MOVING!!!!

My husband got a new job and we are moving... in less than a week!! If you follow me on Instagram (@fromblankpages) then you probably already know that. I've been wanting to blog about it for a while, but it's all happened so fast, I really haven't had a lot of time... and totally should be packing right now. :) oh well.

We are going to....

I love these old postcards. 
(all images were found from google images.)

Yep, FLORIDA!!

 





It seems so crazy! I don't know anything about Florida, but I am really excited!! 
Especially for beautiful beaches and sunshine...



 



More specifically we are moving to the Daytona Beach area/ Deltona area (that is where my hubby will be working).



What I'm NOT excited for are these:


 Um, more like, jump in the vehicles when gators are approaching.

Then Megan brought to my attention that there are also sharks. After a little googling, I found out that New Smyrna beach is the "Shark Capital of the World"! So much for spending every day in the water. It definitely won't keep me out of the water, but it's good to be aware. I found a few website that had some good safety guidelines. They also said that your chance of getting bit/attacked by a shark is 1 in a million. Just be smart, and you should be ok. (I'm more worried about my small children being bate for the gators.)


 All those dark spots are sharks off of New Smyrna Beach.

 This is also on New Smyrna Beach. I would be FREAKED OUT if I were that surfer! Though I'm sure he had no idea. "DON'T FALL IN!!" LOL.


This one is actually a dolphin. That would be cool. :)


So, Florida... here we come!


 The countdown is ON. We will be loading the truck on Tuesday and driving early Wednesday morning!!! In less than one week (by just a few hours from now) we will no longer be Iowa residents. Crazy!!! It has been stressful and exciting and a roller coaster ride!! But everything is coming together. :) We'll be staying in a hotel until our house is available, but it will be worth the wait. :)




So I will see you in a few weeks!!!!
Happy October! 
(I am sad to not be able to decorate for Halloween this year, and hope we'll still make it for trick-or-treating. :)

Diane

20 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear Central FL is gaining another quilter! I've been silently stalking your blog for a bit :). I live in Orlando during the week and Ormond Beach many weekends. Haven't seen a shark yet but did come along a cordial gator kayaking at Blue Spring. Welcome to Florida! FYI my fav quilt shop is Byrd's Nest in Ormond Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Diane for your moving! Sounds exciting! Perhaps you'll have a pool to avoid sharks. I'm sure you'll find new quilting friends! I send you energy for packing and hope to hear soon news from your new home! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'ma little jealous! If we were to move, I'd choose Florida, and my husband would choose Alaska. I guess we'd need to flip a coin !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow Florida, now I am homesick! I have family in the Tampa Bay area that I visit each year. I wish you lots of fun and sunny days!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm just a couple hours away, in Gainesville. Daytona is a beautiful area :) Don't worry about sharks and gators, just use common sense and they won't eat you...oh also don't walk a small dog near a pond...Good luck with your move!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is exciting! Lots of sunshine and beach days. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoooo, Diane - how exciting! One of my mom's best friends from high school lives in Deltona...good spot! We lived in Tampa for about a year and I have to say, I loved it way more than I thought I would! Good luck with the move - always stressful (we've done it MANY times), but always an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your move! We lived on the Panhandle coast by Destin for 17 years until we moved out here to Colorado last year. And those aligators - you shouldn't have any problems. ;D Enjoy Deltona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a move. I'm sure you'll love it in FLA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats awesome.......... I feel like my neighbor is moving.. but its just the internet.. LOL.. Really Jealous..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your move. I think it would be great to live in warm location. They say change is good and it sounds like you are up for the adventure. Florida would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck with the move- have a very happy new home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. IA to FL - I wish you the best! You will certainly enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, big move! We could start "Operation Halloweenotel Decormergency" and send you Halloween things. That way your stuff stays packed. Then if you like the stuff you can keep it or gift it to housekeeping.
    (Did you know there are sharks all the way inland in canals and lakes? The bull sharks lurk in there. Not attacking people usually just swimmin and fishing.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! I just found your blog from Megan at City Stitches and the Hemispheres giveaway and I was excited to see this post right below it! I just moved from Ohio to Florida in early September (all the way down in Key West)! At first I thought "what a terrible place for a quilter to live" but that just means I can send quilts full of warm Florida sun back home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats again on the new job for your hubby and make sure your kids don't get eaten :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to Florida. If you're ever in the panhandle...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Moving houses is a really exciting pace. And it's so great to hear that you are more than excited about the move and went on to research about Florida. Well, I sure hope that things are going just fine with everything. Have you moved yet? Please update us!
    Armandina @ Tennessee Churchill Mortgage

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.