Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday {7/25/12}

I am getting SO close!!! ...to finishing things. :) It's been quiet on the blog, which seems to be the case all around blog land lately, but that doesn't mean we haven't been having fun. We've been having LOTS of fun!!

Last weekend we drove to Waterloo with some good friends and went to a concert in the park with some world famous BBQ! Yum! I haven't laughed so much in a long time! I hope our *new* friends don't think I'm a weirdo. ;) lol. Then Saturday was Sumner Days and we went to the parade, the boys and I saw Brave in the $1 theater, (actually it's only 99 cents! Isn't that awesome? New releases for less than a buck!! We will be going to a lot of movies I think.) :) and a bunch of other stuff. I don't even remember. We've been in a heat wave the last few days and it's wiping my memory... it's SO. HOT! Luckily it's supposed to be over today.

OH! and Potty Training! Hunter is doing awesome! He picked Sunday to be his first day and he's doing fantastic! There are a few accidents still and power struggles are coming to a minimum! We are so proud of him! :) *The idea of going to preschool soon is a real motivation keeper!* The other day he asked me though, "When am I going to be done with underwear?" as if underwear was a phase like diapers. When I told him he'll be wearing underwear forever, and that his grandpa still wears underwear, his eyes got SO big. "Nooo." I told him maybe when he was 90 he would wear diapers again. He just laughed at that and thought I was silly. He's so funny.

Ok, I didn't mean for this to turn into such a family post, it was going to be all pictures, so anyway, here are the pictures! :)


DSC_0647
Rainbow Me Happy Quilt
This quilt is so random. Had I wanted it to be "beautiful" I probably would have quilted it totally different, but I think the stars are so fun and hopefully something fun to look at and search for with the rainbow thread. The binding is covered in insects: grasshoppers, lady bugs, butterflies, bees, dragonflies, etc. I hope it will all make it fun to look at and use. :)


DSC_0653

+

DSC_0654

= sneak peek


DSC_0658
another sneak peek


DSC_0659

and yet another.



What are you working on?
Linking up to Freshly Pieced.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday!

p.s. stay tuned for a new linky coming.... tomorrow??? :)


Diane

7 comments:

  1. I love all the COLOUR in your projects! Makes me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Love the sneak peak! Glad I was on Flickr to see it b/c otherwise I don't have time to surf blogs at the moment. I can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that rainbow sure makes me happy! cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha your son is too funny! You should take him to a shop and show him the bigger diapers.
    Loving the colours on those sneaks!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some fab sneak peeks going on there! Love your quilting too!

    Oh the toilet training - we've just started there here too. Won't it be fab to be done with nappies/diapers?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that rainbow quilt!!
    Are you in IA? You talked about Waterloo and Sumner. I've actually been to Sumner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you've got me intrigued with your rainbow sneak peeks! They look so cheery and happy and bright and colourful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.