Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, July 9, 2012

What's on Your List???

Lori is becoming my motivation as well as my reminder for all things that have to do with deadlines. lol. ;) I almost forgot about linking up my Pre-Third Quarter list of projects that I want to finish in the next three months. Thanks Lori!! :) (The 2012 Finish-A-Long is happening over at Quilter in the Gap. You can find more details about it here.)


My list is intentionally long. I know I only finished three of my six items in the last quarter, but half is good. And I think if I add a few more items I'll hopefully get a few more items finished. Besides, 3 of the quilt tops are already finished, so although I know they'll take longer than I am planning, they will still be fairly quick. So it here it goes!


DSC_0515

1. Rainbow Me Happy Quilt
This is what I decided to name my rainbow quilt I'm making from my charm pack. I think it's fitting especially since the whole point of it is to help cheer up a friend of ours who is really sick. It's so hard when children get sick. I sure hope him and his family are doing well. This is definitely the first project I want to finish up! and quick!



DSC_0406

2. Mabels Quilt
This is so ready to be basted and quilted. I'm just a little hesitant and need to practice the design I want to do before I start. SO excited to have this one done. :)



DSC_0972

3. Kaeleidoscope Quilt
This quilt is waiting for the back to be pieced. I want to do something fun on the back, otherwise it's really close as well. I started this with the Kaleiodoscope QAL at Don't Call Me Betsy.



DSC_0393

4. Candy Land Quilt
This is the do.Good Stitches Quilt from February of this year. Even though it's number 4 on my list, it's a top priority to get it finished! I need to make up 4 more blocks and then I can piece all the blocks together and get this lovely finished. I also want to make a fun back for this that will take a little longer, but hopefully not too long. You can see my tutorial for these blocks here.



DSC_0404

5. Moody Blues 2 Quilt
Here are the blocks my bee grouped made for me. Now to finish up the rest. I think this is going to be a beauty! I just need to get it done sooner rather than later.



DSC_0548

6.Christmas Advent Calendar (tutorial by Oh Fransson! at Sew, Mama, Sew!)
I think I cut out these fabrics last year... before I had some really cute Christmas fabrics, but I think it should still be cute. EVERYTHING is cut, I just need to sew. Thinking this could be a Christmas in July project. :)



DSC_0543

7. Nest Quilt
Kind of a secret project. But I'm putting it on my list to hopefully gain that extra motivation to actually finish it! :)



DSC_0545

8. Grouped: 6 Coasters, 3 Mug Rugs
I have a pile of coasters and mug rugs I need to finish. I'm not going to count this one complete until they are ALL finished! Last night I found all my little piles of unfinished projects and these were some of them. I've now put everything in one smallish bin, so hopefully that will help me to more easily pick out something and get it done.



DSC_0544

9. Grouped: 9 bags - all must be finished to complete this.
These are in the same scenario as #8. I started these for my Etsy shop, but somedays it's hard to keep making repetitive things. I'm going to try to squeeze in a little bit of sewing on these every time I sit down and they should get finished pretty quick.


And that's it! Kind of a lot, but I think I can definitely make some headway on them. I haven't joined any new bees or swaps, so I think that will definitely be in my favor for being successful as well. I do have other projects in mind that I want to do, but they are all top secret. :)



Now to get ready to go to Waterloo! Our first trip to the "big city" and real stores. lol. ;)
Hope you are having a happy Monday!  


Diane

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm helping to motivate! I'm trying to stay motivated myself! Your projects look amazing! I can't wait to see the string quilt when you finish it! Those are my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the ambitious list!!! I can't wait to see what all you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great looking projects there! I'll be looking out for the updates to see how you're getting on =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm in love with 3 and 4. I just added Don't Call Me Betsy to my ever-growing list of favorite quilt sites. I also looked at your instructions for the Candyland Quilt. Got a little scared at first but after I studied the corner diagrams it became quite clear how it goes together! Nice job. I'm a beginner but I just might be able to do it . . . someday . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great quilts, and great list. I saw your quilting for a cause on Flickr and I will spread the word.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.