Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fab Finds: Phone Pillows, tutorial to come


A few of the comments I've received for the phone pillows I made for Christmas presents made me laugh, and I figured I should be sharing how I made them. :) It was really pretty simple, but I can't get to a tutorial today, so it will wait for another day (super soon. Promise). 

I do however want to make sure that credits is paid where credit is due. I found these wonderful items in an Etsy shop: Dog Named Banjo

Her's are beautiful, and way better looking than mine, as well as treated, so higher quality than what I made. I just want to make sure everyone knows where I found the idea from so that if you don't want to make your own, you'll know where to buy them! :) 

I think this one is my favorite fabric from her shop.


And yes, she does make them for kindles and iPads too! :) Great idea!!


*** To be completely honest, I'm a little torn about sharing a tutorial. Of course I figured out how I made mine on my own. But I also hate to 'give away' someone else's product secrets. Of course, I'm sure once enough people see them they'll be all over the web anyway - because that's how everything goes with all of us 'make it ourselves' crafters. ;)  My hubby says not to worry about it, so I guess I'll just have to ask that if I post how I made them, that you only use it for personal use only, and continue to give credit to Dog Named Banjo shop. :) Is that fair?! I don't know. I guess it works right?! :)

3 comments:

  1. HI Diane,

    Thanks so much for all of the kind words about my Etsy shop! I'm so glad you like my products, and thanks for sharing them with your readers.

    All the best!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorei a ideia,vou tentar fazer. Obrigada por compartilhar.abraços
    from Brasil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, did you ever do a tutorial for the phone pillow (jan 11, 2011)? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.